Please contact the Copley Township Zoning Inspector at 330-666-0108 x 1108 if your property is not found in our database.
Fee: Commercial-$500.00; Residential-$250.00
List All Contiguous and Adjacent Property Owners
Duncan v. Middlefield- Standards or Practical Difficulty or Unnecessary Hardship
1. Whether the property in question will yield a reasonable return or whether there can be any beneficial use of the property without the variance;
2. Whether the Variance is substantial;
3. Whether the essential character of the neighborhood would be substantially altered or whether adjoining properties would suffer a substantial detriment as a result of the variance;
4. Whether the variance would adversely affect the delivery of governmental services (i.e. water, sewer, garbage);
5. Whether the applicant purchased the property with knowledge of the zoning restriction;
6. Whether the property owner’s predicament feasibly can be obviated through some method other than a variance;
7. Whether the spirit and intent behind the zoning requirements would be observed and substantial justice done by granting the variance.
1. A substantial and unnecessary injustice;
2. That the application of the terms of the Zoning Resolution completely deprives the owner of all beneficial use of the land, or renders it virtually without value; or
3. That there is unreasonableness within the Zoning Resolution itself.
If Applicable, include Summit County Health Approval for Onsite Septic.
Attach Drawing and/or Site Plan Showing Proposed Project.
By my eSignature verification below, I verify that I am legally authorized to submit this application as the applicant and on behalf of the landowner. Pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code 1306, I verify that I understand that electronic signatures are legally binding and have the same meaning as handwritten signatures.